[Digikam-users] how to resize image to a new and smaller formate -

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Mon Apr 9 10:25:01 BST 2012

Þann mán  9.apr 2012 08:24, skrifaði Marie-Noëlle Augendre:
> I don't understand why you would use a script as Digikam
> appears to bring almost everything in a user-friendly UI.
> Can you explain why you would rather go for the 'complicate'
> way.
>
> Marie-Noëlle

Interesting question.

Myself being a GUI-dependent user, I have a handful of
scripts mostly for repetitive batch conversions.
Using those scripts is way faster than running all the
GUI-processes (yet I have some reasonably fast machines).
An example would be to resize a bunch of images for web use,
when design policy has lead to fixed sizes of images.

A couple of those scripts don't have equivalents in Digikam
or other handy software; for example rotating AVI/MPEG
movies taken on compact cameras or phones.

I'd guess some people prefer scripts for more precise
control over the actions taken, but there may be other
reasons too.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli