[Digikam-users] how to resize image to a new and smaller formate -

Martin Kaspar martin.kaspar at campus-24.com
Mon Apr 9 00:28:20 BST 2012

hello dear list, hello dear Remco

many thanks for the quick reply.

i had a quick look at the machine - i have the necessary libraries to
performe the little script you suggested .

ssee here the preliminary - i have the following preliminary things on my
machine.

martin at linux-wyee:~> rpm -qf $(which convert)
ImageMagick-6.7.2.7-5.1.3.i586
martin at linux-wyee:~>

but this script does not run  - as target and sourcde are the same.

for I in *.jpg ; do
       convert -resize 800x600 $I $I ;
       echo -n "." ;

well - if all the  files are in one folder - how should i re-design the
script.
there have to be different names - ohterwise convert or bash will be
complaining..

can you help out here -
note: all the files are in the same folder

look forward to hear from  you

greetings
matze