[Digikam-users] How do I restore comments (captions), titles and tags from digiKamdatabase?

Larry CK blackravener at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:15:12 BST 2011

Thanks for the help.

I believe I had a corrupt database as I also notices that all other
meta-data (makernotes, camera info) is being removed from the images as
soon as I start digikam.

so what  ended up doing in the end was extracting the data I need and
exporting it into CSV file; removing the database and dk config files
and starting from scratch.

regards
Larry

On 23/09/11 13:12, sleepless wrote:
> I think the last chance is to try if F5  restores the link.
> I can only reproduce the situation by changing something no matter how
> less, only modification date change is enough to break the link.
> If you for example work with jpg and you recreated them from raw, they
> are not the same images any more to digikam.
>
> If F5 does not work, probaly the only way to fix it is by manipulation
> of the db.
>
> Maybe you can repost your question with ¨how to fix broken links in
> sqlite¨, maybay this attracts attention of people with knowledge in
> the field.
>
> Good luck,
> Rinus
>
> Op 23-09-11 11:34, Larry schreef:
>> Hi, the assumptions are correct.
>>
>> I have deleted file with file manager (dolphin). Unfortunately I don't
>> remember whether dk was open at that time or not.
>>
>> I'm using digikam on my OpenSuse 11.4 distro, in case it makes any
>> difference.
>>
>> Regards
>> Larry
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:22 AM,
>> sleepless<sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>  wrote:

>>> So you say that you see in your album DSCN0379.JPG as a thumbnail
>>> and this
>>> refers to the actually existing DSCN0379.JPG, you can open it in image
>>> editor, and this JPG is at exactly the same path location as your
>>> formerly
>>> deleted one but you do not see the metadata in rightpane  while you
>>> are sure
>>> the info exist in the db and it is 100% the db that you are actually
>>> using
>>> at the moment. Are all those assumptions correct?
>>>
>>> I think, you did still not answer the question if you deleted your
>>> pictures
>>> from within digikam or without digikam while digikam was not running.
>>> Regards,