[Digikam-users] Pentax PEF vs DNG in digikam

Karl Günter Wünsch kgw at mineralien-verkauf.de
Tue Sep 27 16:34:22 BST 2011

On 09/27/11 16:55, sleepless wrote:
> Thanks! That will only affect the embedded jpg I guess.
No, it also will affect your ability to edit the RAW images - in some
cases certain flaws or oversights in the DNG specification and/or bugs
in the RAW to DNG converter meant that you suffer a severe loss of
quality in the process going from native RAW to DNG.
DNG isn't much more than a stopgap measure for cameras for which there
isn't a proper native RAW developer anymore, it is not a proper
alternative for existing native RAW files if there is a way of
developing directly from them.
> How can I make the behaviour for both the same way?
You can't. DNG has different behaviour from your native RAW format.
regards
Karl Günter