[Digikam-users] Digikam 1.9 Folders Will Not Copy (Move only)

James Austin backsleeper at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 21:53:47 BST 2011

 I created a folder structure shown below as a template so I don't have to
re-create them every time I import photos. I keep an empty copy of the
folder structure in My Albums. I want to drag and drop my standard folder
structure template prior to importing new photos.   Digikam will only let me
move the folder structure.  It will not let me copy it. After copying it I
would rename it for the new photos.  My only option right now is to create
the main folder and 3 sub-folders every time or do it prior to starting
Digikam. I once read about Digikam creating folders automatically but I can
not find out how.  Is there a way for Digikam to copy my folder structure
instead of move only. Is there a better way to do this?

I have a standard folder structure like this:
     2010-03-14-New Photos
          jpg
          tif
          raw