[Digikam-users] XMP Sidecar usage

olivier.keshavjee at gmail.com olivier.keshavjee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:34:42 BST 2011

Hi!

I have a question about digikam and xmp sidecars files usage.

In the options, i've chose "read metadata from xmp sidecars" and "write to
XMP sidecar only".
In the metadata sidebar, I now have only the metadata I've modified
(including for files newly imported with Digikam importer).

My questions:
- Is this behavior normal?
- Is there a way to update XMP sidecar files, from the image metadata ? for
the selected image(s) and/or for the whole database?
- is there a way to copy the metadata from XMP sidecar to image file, for
example to give pictures to a friend? (Is that what "Image > write metadata
to image" does? Or does it write metadata in the medium chosen in the
options (in my case, only XMP sidecar) ?)

Thanks for your help, I confess I'ma bit confused.

By the way, I use Digikam 2.1.1

Olivier