[Digikam-users] Fwd: how to digikam on VM: to quit or not to quit, Blood will tell, here is my solution

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Tue Sep 20 11:15:08 BST 2011

After I found a watertight method to run Virtual box on windows, I can
see the advantages of testing in an virtual environment. But as starting
windows (5 minutes) and quiting windows (installing update 1 from 7, do
not shut down your computer) is not excactly a nice experience, I would
like to do the same on Ubuntu. Supprisingly the procedure and the
glitches is excacly the same. except for that the mounted drives in the
virtual machine are locked. I can even not issue ¨ls¨ without sudo, and
found yet not a way that it let me change rights.

Some smart person around to solve this for me?

TIA
Rinus