[Digikam-users] Fwd: Fwd: Panorama stitching tool

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Sat Sep 17 21:12:33 BST 2011

-------- Originele bericht --------
Onderwerp: 	Fwd: [Digikam-users] Panorama stitching tool
Datum: 	Sat, 17 Sep 2011 22:00:28 +0200
Van: 	Antonio Trincone <antonio.trincone at gmail.com>
Aan: 	sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl

bad one is enclosed here sorry
now I see the ML did not approved it
ciao
Antonio

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Antonio Trincone* <antonio.trincone at gmail.com
<mailto:antonio.trincone at gmail.com>>
Date: 2011/9/17
Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] Panorama stitching tool
To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the
power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org <mailto:digikam-users at kde.org>>

Please enclosed find the bad result as I said with "thumbnails mood".
Here you can see the good results
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9ghOH14sAwDaEMi76YiekQ?full-exif=true
Fortunately I can understand from this page that the Hugin version looks
the same Hugin 2011.0.0.0f9fdaf56720 but the difference seems to be
Digikam version (right one 2.1.0, wrong one 2.1.1 enclosed file).
Hope this will clear the situation in your mind and will be helpful to
you (and me). Obviously feel free to ask any other details you need to know.
thanks
Antonio

2011/9/17 Benjamin GIRAULT <benjamin.girault at gmail.com
<mailto:benjamin.girault at gmail.com>>

    Hi Antonio,

    2011/9/17 Antonio Trincone <antonio.trincone at gmail.com
    <mailto:antonio.trincone at gmail.com>>:
     > I used it before 2.1.1 when I was using 1.9 version of Digikam.
     > Now trying it with newer version it works well but instead of
    producing a
     > panorama image with real shots it seems using thumbnails only. I
    say this
     > 'cause the produced image is all black with in the center a small
    panorama
     > assembled image from images I used. So all seems working just on
    thumbnails.
     > Dimension of the new produced panorama is very small 200-300 kb
    starting
     > with 2-3 images of 10+ Mb each.

    If the image is mostly composed of black, the size will be most likely
    small if it is a jpeg. What is important is the size in term of pixels
    (what is the height and the width of the image in pixels).

    Note that a big black area does not mean necessarily that the
    thumbnails would have been used (which is would been strange). Anyway,
    I need more data about the panorama:

      - As Rinus wrote: what kind of output did you ask? jpeg? tiff? hdr?
      - What kind of photos were you trying to stitch? jpegs? raws?
      - What is you version of Hugin? and was it the same before (this
    is important)?

    Best Regards,

    --
    Benjamin Girault.