[Digikam-users] Migration problems - Digikam 1.8 to 2.0

David Vincent-Jones davidvj at frontier.com
Tue Sep 13 16:47:39 BST 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 00:15 +0200, Karl Günter Wünsch wrote:
> If anything needs to be stored in addition to the original file it
> IMHO must
> be stored in a sidecar file with a well documented, standardized file
> format
> (XMP comes to mind) and nowhere else

We Linux photographers, are now in the enviable position of having a
plethora of fine products to turn our raw material into finished images
and it is interesting that several of the best products now use
'sidecar' files as a part of their process. Unfortunately there is,
apart from DK, no other photographic DMS available.

David