[Digikam-users] Any thoughts on RAM needs?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:33:32 BST 2011

2011/9/13 Rinus Bakker <sleeplessregulus at gmail.com>:
> I have toubles with performance too,
> If I select a tag in left pane all images are shown immediatly, but if I use
> rightpane filters, the pc becomes almost unresponsive after the first
> search, why?

unresponsive can be due to query database through digiKam KIO Slave (a
separated process based on KDE API to query BD)

SQlite (if you use it), cannot be queried using multithreading. A
separate process is used instead to not freeze GUI with long query.

I tried here with my 2Gb computer, and both, tags view and filters
view are fast.

Which filters you use in right sidebar ? Which DB backend you use ?
How many items are managed in your computer (Help/DB stats) ?