[Digikam-users] Migration problems - Digikam 1.8 to 2.0

KrpaN bojan007 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:41:58 BST 2011

On 12. 09. 2011 21:04, Anders Stedtlund wrote:
> This is not going to help but I'm just curious. (I might have missed
> something in the conversation...)
>
> Do you really mean that you lose all your tags whenever you upgrade to
> a new version? I can't remember that I ever have had that problem when
> upgrading to a new version.
>
> /Anders
Yes, I always lose all My Tags when upgrading major version.

On the other hand, my question was probably not set properly. The real
problem is: how to migrate/transfer the entire digikam scheme (pictures,
My Tags etc.) from one computer to another, or in Linux, from one user
to another 8same or different machines). Because, when I copy/move
pictures and database from one machine to another, tags are lost. Which
digikam files must be copied/moved in order to proceed further without
any loss.

Bojan