[Digikam-users] digiKam 2.1 and database errors

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:51:03 BST 2011

On Saturday 10 Sep 2011 10:15:35 Rinus Bakker wrote:
> 2011/9/10 Mark Fraser <mfraz74+kde at gmail.com>
>
> > **
> >
> > I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 this morning using Philip Johnsson's PPA and
> > when I tried running it afterwards I got an error about not being able to
> > connect to the database and it would only load without a database.
> >

> > Fixed it by going to settings -> database and clicking OK.
> >

> > What are the 2 separate directory settings for though?
>
> Not sure what you mean. But database points to the db and collections to
> the locations of your photos, because albums (collections) are actually
> folders on your drive.

Under Database settings:

[ ] Internal Server
Type - SQLite or MySQL
The location where the database file will be stored on your system. There is
one common database file for all root albums. Write access is required to be
able to edit image properties.

Note: a remote file system, such as NFS, cannot be used here.

Directory selection box
Type - SQLite or MySQL
Directory selection box
The location where the database file will be stored on your system. This file
can grow quite big.

Note: a remote file system, such as NFS, cannot be used here.