[Digikam-users] digiKam 1.9 => 2.1 upgrade Mysql woes

Ignatius Reilly ignatius.reilly at free.fr
Sat Sep 10 11:40:50 BST 2011

I am trying to upgrade DK 1.9 with mysql back-end to DK 2.1 with the DB
migration screen.
Existing DBs are digikam and digikam_thumbnails
I have created two new DBs digikam21 and digikam_thumbnails21
The "check DB connection" checks all validate
I connect to mysql as root, with a password
For good measure I run a prior mysql_upgrade

The screen action fails: "Error while creating the database schema."

Here is the mysql log:

=============
110910 11:07:01	  571 Connect	root at localhost on digikam
		  571 Init DB	digikam
		  571 Query	SET NAMES utf8
		  572 Connect	root at localhost on digikam21
		  572 Init DB	digikam21
		  572 Query	SET NAMES utf8
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS AlbumRoots
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Albums
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Images
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageHaarMatrix
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageInformation
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageMetadata
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageTagProperties
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS TagProperties
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImagePositions
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageComments
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageCopyright
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Tags
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageTags
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageProperties
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageHistory
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ImageRelations
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Searches
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS DownloadHistory
		  572 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Settings
		  573 Connect	root at localhost on digikam21
		  573 Init DB	digikam21
		  573 Query	SET NAMES utf8
		  573 Query	CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS PrivCheck
        		(
 				   id   INT,
    			   name VARCHAR(35)
				)
		  573 Query	ALTER TABLE PrivCheck DROP COLUMN name
		  573 Query	CREATE TRIGGER privcheck_trigger AFTER DELETE ON PrivCheck
 				 FOR EACH ROW BEGIN
  				END
		  573 Query	DROP TRIGGER privcheck_trigger
		  573 Query	DROP TABLE PrivCheck
		  573 Query	DROP TABLE IF EXISTS PrivCheck
		  573 Quit
		  572 Query	select table_name from information_schema.tables where
table_type = 'BASE TABLE'
		  572 Query	SELECT value FROM Settings WHERE keyword='DBVersion'
		  572 Query	SELECT value FROM Settings WHERE keyword='DBVersionRequired'
		  571 Quit
		  572 Quit
==============================

There are several things I don't understand:

- what is the point of this PrivCheck business? A table and trigger are
creaed, then dropped
- what is the point of this [select table_name from
information_schema.tables where table_type = 'BASE TABLE'] without a
table_schema and a table_name WHERE clause?
- the keyword='DBVersionRequired' record does not exist in the DB v5
- the KDE error essage "Error while creating the database schema." is
not reflected in the mysql log or the mysql error log
Where can I find the upgrade script so that I can execute it manually?

Thanks

Ignatius