[Digikam-users] digiKam 2.1 and database errors

Rinus Bakker sleeplessregulus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 10:15:35 BST 2011

2011/9/10 Mark Fraser <mfraz74+kde at gmail.com>

> **
>
> I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 this morning using Philip Johnsson's PPA and
> when I tried running it afterwards I got an error about not being able to
> connect to the database and it would only load without a database.
>

> Fixed it by going to settings -> database and clicking OK.
>

> What are the 2 separate directory settings for though?

Not sure what you mean. But database points to the db and collections to the
locations of your photos, because albums (collections) are actually folders
on your drive.
I admit that the title in the collection screen is very confusing, I made a
bug report about that, and thought it was agreed by Martin, but still not
changed, no priority I guess
Rinus