[Digikam-users] Batch rename of albums best practice

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Sat Sep 3 21:10:52 BST 2011

Op 03-09-11 20:53, Johnny schreef:
> sleepless<sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>  writes:
>> Don´t bother to much about it I am just playing around to see what I can do and
>> to have some great answers around if someone asks. No important matters
>> involved here.
> No problem, I find this quite interesting and may learn something about
> VM solutions and methods as a bonus! :)
>> One internal and one external drive has been correctly mounted. They are
>> visible in nautilus I can move my files but not copy!??
> Can you copy from the command line?
> 'cp /path/to/file /path/to/destination'
no.
>> ls by uuid works correct
>>
>> ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid
>> total 0
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 2011-09-03 20:33 2647858c-17ed-4300-a47f-5bba897ba931
>> ->  ../../sda5
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 2011-09-03 20:33 3f9a4cff-e816-4fd3-837c-d7354a742235
>> ->  ../../sda1
>>
>>   ls by label does not. In my dayly setup it works, but not in the VM
>>
>> ls -l /dev/disk/by-label
>> total 0
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2011-09-03 20:33 VBOXADDITIONS_4.1.2_73507 ->  ../../
>> sr0
>> jansen at jansen-VirtualBox:~$
>>
>> there is definitly something wrong, but what...
> The latter output is unfamiliar to me, I guess the VM setup works magic
> ways! I would expect to se the same drives mapped as by-uuid. What is
> mounted under /media, is that the uuid disks or is it the virtual disks
> (well, it probably should be the virtual in the VM?)?
>
> Sorry, I am running out of ideas of how to make digikam recognise the
> drive through the VM. Out of interest, what platforms are you setting
> up as base and as VMs?
I am on windows 7 on an amd64 laptop using oracle virtualbox installed
ubuntu 11.04

Now I have got the password from jdd I tried to do it in opensuse, but
vboxsf not recognized and installation failed, reinstalling guest
additions failed.

Lost in the swamp. It is how I started 6 months ago and got it to
¨work¨. I saw quick that I had to look for a better solution and made a
dual boot.

I think I better leave it as is and continu not to encourage poeple to
go this way.

Best,
Rinus