[Digikam-users] Batch rename of albums best practice

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Sat Sep 3 20:27:07 BST 2011

Hi Johnny,
Thanks for the explanations, it has been very informative and I am
looking forward to your next contribution to the list.

For your information.
Don´t bother to much about it I am just playing around to see what I can
do and to have some great answers around if someone asks. No important
matters involved here.

One internal and one external drive has been correctly mounted. They are
visible in nautilus I can move my files but not copy!??

ls by uuid works correct

ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 2011-09-03 20:33
2647858c-17ed-4300-a47f-5bba897ba931 -> ../../sda5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 2011-09-03 20:33
3f9a4cff-e816-4fd3-837c-d7354a742235 -> ../../sda1

  ls by label does not. In my dayly setup it works, but not in the VM

ls -l /dev/disk/by-label
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2011-09-03 20:33 VBOXADDITIONS_4.1.2_73507 ->
../../sr0
jansen at jansen-VirtualBox:~$

there is definitly something wrong, but what...

Best regards,
Rinus