[Digikam-users] Do you want to try digiKam and/or showFoto on Ubuntu but you are running Windows have a look at this.

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Thu Sep 1 19:17:01 BST 2011

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:35:03 +0200
sleepless <sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl> wrote:

> Op 01-09-11 16:18, Marie-Noëlle Augendre schreef:
> > You  don't even need to install a virtual box. If you look back in
> > the list archives, a few months ago I explained how I had used
> > Digikam with a simple LiveUSB; in fact, you can bring your Digikam
> > everywhere with you and run it on any PC.
> >
> > Marie-Noëlle
> Thanks for the info. Will digikam not run considerably slower from am
> usb drive?

Maybe a little slower than from a "normal" harddrive - but certainly
faster than in VirtualBox! I'm using VirtualBox almost daily for
testing different web browsers (mainly with Windows in them) and it is
a lot slower than running the same systems without the virtual machine.
My host system is Linux, though, as is my system of choice at home for
more than 11 years now.

Vlado

--

http://vlado-do.de