[Digikam-users] [opensuse-kde] Re: Digikam 2.2 does not start on OpenSuse 11.4

Will Stephenson wstephenson at suse.de
Sat Oct 8 21:11:22 BST 2011

On Thursday 06 Oct 2011 15:25:32 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011, 09:18:17 schrieb Larry:
> > I've recently upraded from DK 2.1.0 to 2.2, but was not able to start it
> > since.
> >
> > When I start DK 2.2 in konsole (terinal) I get
> > "QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is
> > still in use, all queries will cease to work" a DK splashscreen comes
> > up and disappears and then "digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam:
> > undefined symbol: _ZN11KExiv2Iface14AltLangStrEdit15setLinesVisibleEj"
> > is displayed.
> >
> > I'm running OpenSuse 11.4 64 bit with KDE 4.7.1
> > I have also upgraded to KDE 4.7.2 last night, but it didn't fix it
> > I have upgraded libkexiv2-9 from version 4.6.0-6.11.1 to version
> > 4.6.5-11.4 and upgraded libkexiv2-10 from version 4.7.2-3.1 to version
> > 4.7.3-12.1
> >
> > but that didn't help either. Any idea how to make DK2.2 run on Opensuse?
>
> I'll post this to opensuse-kde at opensuse.org as that's where the maintainer
> is.

I've read the thread on digikam-users and while I'm not entirely sure where
the problem lies, my money is on your system having a cocktail of packages
from incompatible repositories.

KDE:UpdatedApps just contains applications, not the platform.

KDE:Release:4x contains the KDE platform and the applications.

You say you are running 4.7.2 which implies you are using KDE:Release:47, but
you also say that you upgraded (digikam?) from KDE:UpdatedApps, which is not
built vs KR47.  You should just be using the digikam and the rest of KDE from
KR47 and unregister the KDE:UpdatedApps repo.

Then make sure any packages which came from KDE:UpdateApps are replaced with
their KR47 versions, even if this means a version downgrade.  To find these:

rpm -qa --queryformat "%-30{NAME}%{DISTRIBUTION}\n"|grep UpdatedApps

Then use the version selector in Yast's package manager to select the corect
version.

Will