[Digikam-users] Lensfun -- most cameras and lenses missing

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 31 22:10:37 GMT 2011

On 10/31/2011 09:41 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2011/10/31 Chris Dennis<cgdennis at btinternet.com>:
>> Hello Digikam people
>>
>> I've just installed Digikam on a new installation of ArchLinux. Everything
>> is pretty much up to date -- Digikam is 2.2.0.
>>
>> Most of it works well, but the Lens Auto-Correction screen only lists a few
>> cameras and lenses, nowhere near the whole list that I can see in the
>> Lensfun xml files.  Strangely, the first time I try to use lens
>> auto-correction, only Samsung cameras are listed; the second time, I see
>> Fujifilm, Kodak, and Nikon too; with further attempts, no more cameras
>> appear.  Which is a pity, because my camera is a Canon.
>>
>> On the console, I can see these error messages:
>>
>> digikam(976)/digikam (core) Digikam::DimgInterface::getImg: d->image is NULL
>> digikam(976)/digikam (core): ERROR: LensFun Interface Lens device is null.
>>
>> Googling on those hasn't turned up anything useful.
>>
>> It may be that I've got some libraries missing from ArchLinux.
>>

> No. lensfun (last code), is included in digiKam core. And yes, more
> lens need to be added.

Thanks for your reply, but I can see that
/usr/share/apps/digikam/lensfun/ contains a big range of camera and lens
definitions; slr-canon.xml contains my camera and my lens.  But only a
few of those definitions show up in digikam.

I know that digikam is using those files, because changes I make in the
Samsung file show up in digikam.

Aha!  That suggests a work-around.  If I copy the Canon camera and lens
definitions that I need into the Samsung file, they show up and are
automatically selected in digikam!  So now I can make progress and apply
corrections to my photos.

There's a bug in there somewhere though.

cheers

Chris

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK