[Digikam-users] Thanks to Philip

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:47:39 BST 2011

The sad thing about Ubuntu is that KDE and KDE applications in general
get too little love from main and official Ubuntu/Canonical and
heavily relies on the community driven Kubuntu team which could use
more man power. Suse have a much more friendly approach to KDE and KDE
applications than many other distros and Ubuntu in particular, even
though I never have really liked Suse but used it for a while back in
the days when it as version 9.x before I started using Kubuntu.

I know that I should help the Kubuntu team out and have got the
request to do so but doing so mean that I feel tied back by what's
going on with other maintainers of other packages and Ubuntu polices
and packing work flow. With my PPA I can do what ever I want and don't
need to argue for my decision why I do what I do with changes and with
which packages. I guess I'm just lazy... :)

 /Philip