[Digikam-users] Fwd: Re: Help needed on ubuntu 11.10 (Fedora 15 !)

Rinus Bakker sleeplessregulus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:17:33 BST 2011

---------- Doorgestuurd bericht ----------
Van: "Rinus Bakker" <sleeplessregulus at gmail.com>
Datum: 25 okt. 2011 13:56
Onderwerp: Re: [Digikam-users] Help needed on ubuntu 11.10 (Fedora 15 !)
Aan: <heviiguy at gmail.com>

Hi thanks for the respons. If you want to build you can search for how to
build digikam for dummies, there you will find a link to marie-noelle
augendre's description related to fedora.
It is not easy to give a link at the moment because I am bound to a mobile
device.
Rinus

Op 25 okt. 2011 10:28 schreef "J Albrecht" <heviiguy at gmail.com> het
volgende:

> Ouch!  So sorry to hear about your issue, Rinus. I've got no answers but,
I have a suggestion if you're thinking of moving to a different distro...

> After being thoroughly pi**ed off with Ubuntu 11.10 (I can begrudgingly
accept Unity but, I CANNOT accept commercial links in an OS whenever I
"search"), I loaded Fedora 15, KDE. The result: FANTASTIC! I took me awhile
to understand how to get things done with KDE but I'm now hooked :-)

> The only drawback is that Fedora 15 only supports DigiKam 1.9 :-(
Something to do with the KDE version, I gather. This isn't an issue for me
because F16 is due to be released in early November. Apparently we'll be
able to upgrade to the newer version of DK

> * I had remained current with DigiKam's upgrades while on Ubuntu due to
Philip's tremendous help by providing the PPAs. Now, however, I'm in the
dark again. Just in case F16 arrives later than expected or, if I'm not
confident in upgrading, can anybody provide some instructions as to how to
run DigiKam 2.x on F15?

> On 10/24/2011 07:01 PM, Rinus Bakker wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> Just returned from a trip and decided to start with updating my pc's from
ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10.
>> As usual this action destroid my entire system. Now I have 2 pc's
presenting me a black screen. It was to expect of course, at has never been
different, but I did not bother to much because I have backups. But this
time restoring the backup results in a statement about wrong license: grub
rescue>