[Digikam-users] Retrieving metadata

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:30:55 BST 2011

Hi

If you want to check it from the command line you can use either exiv2
or exiftool command to list for example lens model. If you don't have
the tools installed then just install them. They comes as packages
with most distros.

With exiv2 try like in this example:

exiv2 -pt PJP_3322.NEF | grep -i lensid

With exiftool try like in this example:

exiftool PJP_3322.NEF | grep -i "lens id"

Hope that helps.

/Philip