[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.2 doesn't start in Kubuntu 11.10

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 11:24:17 BST 2011

This morning I added Philip's PPA to my install of Kubuntu 11.10 to get
digikam 2.2, but I'm seeing the same things as was recently reported in the
thread Digikam 2.2. does not start on OpenSuse 11.4. i.e.

QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in
use, all queries will cease to work

Digikam starts scanning the folders, disappears and then
digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol:
_ZN11KExiv2Iface14AltLangStrEdit15setLinesVisibleEj" is displayed.
And if I run ldd -v -r /usr/bin/digikam
undefined symbol: _ZN4KIPI21ImageCollectionSharedD2Ev   (/usr/bin/digikam)
undefined symbol: _ZN4KIPI15ImageInfoSharedD2Ev (/usr/bin/digikam)
undefined symbol: _ZN11KExiv2Iface14AltLangStrEdit15setLinesVisibleEj
(/usr/bin/digikam)
Any ideas?