[Digikam-users] Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 13:26:31 BST 2011

Digikam 2.2.0 is now available for Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric) on my
"extra" PPA on Launchpad. The package is now just "digikam" and not
the old "digikam2" naming.

For anyone interested in backend stuff my build use libgphoto for
PTP-support and OpenCV 2.3.1. Otherwise it's about the same as the
official package only a newer version.

It's also important to know that my Digikam is built to use the
bleeding edge version of libkipi (libkipi8) and libkexiv
(libkexiv2-10) that are bundled with Digikam and not the stock
versions of these libraries that comes with standard KDE. So if you
update KDE and start using it without these packages from me then
Digikam might stop working. So look if there is a rebuild from me of
these before you update KDE so you know that you will be able to
continue use my Digikam packages.

Happy digikaming!

/Philip