[Digikam-users] Batch tool target -> current image, new version

Wolfgang Mader Wolfgang_Mader at brain-frog.de
Sat Oct 15 20:33:35 BST 2011

Hi,

I want to ask for a feature of the batch tool. As target of the batch process
it would be handy to use the current picture and add the batch processed
picture as a new version of the current one.

Use Case:
I have a online photo gallery for a few selected shots of mine. Before
uploading I scale the pictures down and add a watermark. All pictures which
are subject for publication share a common tag. If they are uploaded they also
get the green flag. At the moment all the batch processed files are in a
separate folder, but to keep the relation of the original image and the down
scaled published one it would be nice to have the down scaled as a new version
attached to the original picture. This way, filtering for the tag I could get
all my published pictures in all versions available.

All the best, Wolfgang