[Digikam-users] One step closer to compiling from source...

e-mail robert.m.davies robert.m.davies at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 09:28:45 BST 2011

Thanks for the tips that have now allowed me to get digikam installed again.
I would still like to (hopefully without breaking it!) install the build
dependencies for digikam. (I hope to actually get involved with digikam
development, at the very least bug-fixing)

Presently I get this at the terminal:

rob at SCKubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get build-dep digikam
[sudo] password for rob:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libltdl-dev' instead of 'libltdl3-dev'
Note, selecting 'libxslt1-dev' instead of 'libxslt-dev'
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
 libgphoto2-2-dev : Depends: libgphoto2-2 (= 2.4.11-3) but 2.4.11-natty~ppa1
is to be installed
 libhighgui-dev : Depends: libjpeg-dev
 libtiff4-dev : Depends: libjpeg-dev
E: Build-dependencies for digikam could not be satisfied.
rob at SCKubuntu:~$

Is there any reason it doesn't just install libjpeg-dev if things depend on
it?
I don't really understand what's up with libgphoto either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rob