[Digikam-users] Problem with new hard disk containing existing images

Rinus sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Mon Oct 10 23:07:43 BST 2011

Hi,
Not that I would say there is no problem, I agree completely on that even if it is unsolvable due to multi platform issues, but to show a workaround without hacking the db, for which not only me but probably lots of us are not smart enough.

The first time you copy your db and pictures to your other computer, you have to do a complete (re)scan, but after that first time you can rsync and digikam does never complain. I work for six months or so in the same laptop/desktop situation without any trouble.
Good night,

Or if you happen to be on the other side of the earth: have a nice day.

Rinus