[Digikam-users] Tips on workflow with Android GPS app and Digikam geodata?

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Oct 10 17:25:26 BST 2011

Philip,
Google MyTacks saves track and waypoint data in comma delimited or in
KML format, ready for Google Earth. The challenge is pairing photographs
with individual waypoints. In MyTracks you can name and describe
waypoints, so if you use the image ID on your Nikon when you name each
waypoint you should be ok??? Mytracks is not optimal, but it is quite
workable?? There are several KML to GPX converters around to create
output that DK can understand?? (e.g
http://www.gps-data-team.com/convert.php). I must immediately add that I
have not yet followed the whole route from MyTracks to DK, mostly
because I am waiting for the next Ubuntu LTS so that I can upgrade KDE
and hence DK.
Kind regards,
Willem