[Digikam-users] Philip : DigiKam on Ubuntu

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 21:50:07 BST 2011

Hi there

I don't know if there is a documented schedule with any dependency
overview for different versions of the Digikam history of releases. I
don't find it likely that anyone have bothered to make one. You can
find in the source code for each release what is needed to build. What
is needed to build is NOT what is later on needed to use the binaries
compiled from a build as you will need more or less the same libraries
installed on your system that Digikam (or any other software for that
matter) it was built against. What matters is the API versions of
different libraries and the installed library names for linking. When
the API get new or changed functions then software won't work (break)
and version name of the actual file or the linkage against the
libraries will break.

I got back home this evening and haven't had time to read the debate yet.

/Philip