[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.2 does not start on OpenSuse 11.4

guenter guenter.k at arcor.de
Sun Oct 9 19:26:24 BST 2011

Am 09.10.2011 12:32, schrieb Remco Viƫtor:
> On Sunday 09 October 2011 11:54:16 guenter wrote:

>>> I've read the thread on digikam-users and while I'm not entirely sure
>>> where the problem lies, my money is on your system having a cocktail of
>>> packages from incompatible repositories.
>>>
>>> KDE:UpdatedApps just contains applications, not the platform.
>>>
>>> KDE:Release:4x contains the KDE platform and the applications.
>>>
>>> You say you are running 4.7.2 which implies you are using
>>> KDE:Release:47, but you also say that you upgraded (digikam?) from
>>> KDE:UpdatedApps, which is not built vs KR47.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Hi Will,
>>
>> but isn't this an error in the digikam package in KDE:UpdatedApps?
>> Shouldn't be set the dependencies in a way to see that there isn't KDE
>> 4.7.2 installed?
>>
>> A friend of mine went in the same trap with digikam (2.2.0) from this
>> repo. Having "only" KDE 4.6.0 from the original openSuse distro and
>> update repos. So I disabled KDE:UpdatedApps and switched her back to
>> digikam 1.8.0 :-(
>>

> I use the KDE4.7 repositories, there you'll find KDE 2.1.0 (for now).

Well, I for me being little more adventurous, I'm using all the great
new stuff from KDE:Distro:Factory / openSUSE_11.4 :-)

But she, getting everytime almost a heart attack when something goes not
in the usual way with her computer, I need a smooth update regime.
Problem with this kind of broken packages is, that it is not get noticed
that something went wrong. The automatic update via kpackagekit goes
through without any warning.

guenter