[Digikam-users] Problem with new hard disk containing existing images

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Sun Oct 9 17:09:38 BST 2011

I am currently using Digikam 1.9 and today I installed a new hard disk
for all my photos. I copied everything over outside of Digikam and then
remounted the new hard disk in the same place as the old one was which
contained the collections. The database was copied to the new hard disk
as well. Just for the time being I also mounted the old hard disk at a
new mount point so I could copy over anything I'd forgotten.

On starting Digikam it promptly used the old hard disk at the new mount
point without being told. I dont understand why since the new disk is
mounted where the old one was. I use a complete hard disk for photos by
the way which is an ntfs partition as it is shared with a dual boot XP
install.

Surely Digikam should have gone to the new hard disk in the original
mount point!

Stuart
--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk