[Digikam-users] Do the 'panorama tools' work on the MacPorts version of Digikam?

Phil Stanford phil.stanford at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 16:24:12 BST 2011

Hi -
I have Digikam 2.1.1 installed on a MacBook Pro using MacPorts.
However, I find that the 'Tools' menu doesn't include the item 'Stitch
images into a panorama'  item as indicated it should do in the
instruction<http://www.mohamedmalik.com/?p=1106>
.

I did wonder if I needed explicitly to install 'hugin' on the Mac, which
I've now done (after some minor glitches with the MacPorts install) and
which seems to work.
Also, Digikam gives an error when I try to use the Tools / Blend bracket
images    option, telling me it can't find the 'align_image_stack'
executable, which it tells me I can install as part of Hugin (which I
already have installed).

These may be separate issues I guess.

Digikam 2.2.0 isn't yet available with MacPorts.

It would be useful to know whether or not the Panorama tools should work
with MacPorts or not, with Digikam 2.1.1.
Regards
Phil