[Digikam-users] digiKam 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 11.04 refuses to start

Dmitri Popov dmpop9mm at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 09:05:58 BST 2011

Hello,

I'm running digiKam 2.2.0 from Philip's PPA on Ubuntu 11.04 (with kubuntu-desktop installed). All of a sudden, digiKam refuses to start. Whenever I try to launch the application, it throws the following error:

QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol: _ZN4KIPI21ImageCollectionSharedD2Ev

I googled the problem, and it seems that the issue can be caused by a variety of reasons. I tried different suggestions, but nothing worked.

Thanks,
Dmitri