[Digikam-users] Choose another ICC profile for converting pictures

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 7 18:24:43 BST 2011

On Friday 07 October 2011 18:00:01 Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> > If it's easy to enable soft-proofing in Digikam with any ICC profile you
> > want (for instance photoweb-V4.icc), in the color space convertion tool,
> > you only can choose the default kdcraw profiles (ie sRGB, Adobe RGB,
> > Wide
> > Gamut and Kodak Prophoto RGB) and the screen profiles installed on the
> > system, but not another profile like photoweb-V4.icc (even if its placed
> > in the same folder than the others profiles).
>
> It's a matter of a single line of code to add output profiles to the combo
> box as well. Question to the expertise assembled in this list: Should we do
> it?

I already see my (homemade) screen profiles in the list (having entered the
directory where they are stored in the corresponding configuration). So if
one, why not the other?

That said, I'm not at all convinced that applying an output profile to an
image ment for storage/archiving/distribution is a good idea in any case.
(well, I can imagine one case: you have to send the image to a device through
software that cannot apply a needed output profile).