[Digikam-users] Re : Choose another ICC profile for converting pictures

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 7 14:34:15 BST 2011

On Friday 07 October 2011 14:50:08 sleepless wrote:
> Thank you Remco and Martin for your detailed and to the point responses.
> It has been all very informative.
> I had a dream but my final conclusion is that I am doomed to share my
> life with windows.

No, not necessarily. I think you are going at it in the wrong way, using trial
and error to get your prints looking good. I'd try and find someone (person or
web site) that can create custom profiles, and have them create a profile (or
a few profiles) for the printer/ink/paper combinations you use. I found one
American site where they propose to do just that for $30 per profile (to be
compared with the amount of paper and ink you use to set up the printer...)

> > I don't use internal tools for this. I use argyls tools and they work
> > great.
> Argyll tools is new to me, but you mean you have equipment at home to do
> readings?

Iirc, there's a tool to set a global profile in the Argyll suite. At this
stage, no equipment to do any kind of readings is needed, it's a small
programme that you run at startup  or login to install a display profile
globally (just remember NOT to use a display profile in Digikam or elsewhere
after starting this...)

Have a look at their site (http://www.argyllcms.com/) I found their
instructions easy enough to follow.