[Digikam-users] Re : Choose another ICC profile for converting pictures

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Oct 7 06:31:05 BST 2011

Am 06.10.2011 21:12, schrieb Paulux:
> I've a precision to make : as I understand the Digikam way to manage ICC
> profile, it now (I'm sure it wasn't the case in the past) sorts profiles
> by type (i.e. the output profiles menu only shows and manages output
> type profiles, and so on). That's roughly a good idea for the digikam
> control panel, BUT not for the color space conversion tool in picture
> editor and batch tool. This one only shows display ICC profiles, but it
> should offer output ICC profiles in order to completely control the
> colors behavior before print works, especially with remote laboratories.

I don't think it is a good idea to convert a photo to the colour space
of the printing machine. These profiles should be used for soft proofing
only and this has nothing to do with the workspace colour profile (these
must not and mostly do not match the display profile).

For soft proofing you can use the softproof funktion of digikam. At
least in DK 1.9 you can set up a soft proof profile and switch between
soft proof and normal view (in showview).

Martin