[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.2 does not start on OpenSuse 11.4

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 6 12:24:02 BST 2011

On Thursday 06 October 2011 09:18:17 Larry wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've recently upraded from DK 2.1.0 to 2.2, but was not able to start it
> since.
>
> When I start DK 2.2 in konsole (terinal) I get
> "QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is
> still in use, all queries will cease to work" a DK splashscreen comes
> up and disappears and then "digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam:
> undefined symbol: _ZN11KExiv2Iface14AltLangStrEdit15setLinesVisibleEj"
> is displayed.
>
> I'm running OpenSuse 11.4 64 bit with KDE 4.7.1
> I have also upgraded to KDE 4.7.2 last night, but it didn't fix it
> I have upgraded libkexiv2-9 from version 4.6.0-6.11.1 to version 4.6.5-11.4
> and upgraded libkexiv2-10 from version 4.7.2-3.1 to version 4.7.3-12.1

looks like there is at least one library for which the version used when
compiling Digikam is different from the one used when running it.
You could try to do 'ldd /usr/bin/digikam' (in a terminal window, with paths
changed where needed); that would probably show you the problematic libraries.

That said, as you upgraded KDE after installing a digikam version with
problems is not going to make solving it easier.
If you compiled digikam yourself, I'd strongly suggest recompiling it against
the 4.7.2 libraries, then try and run the executable and use the ldd command
to see the problem libraries (you'll get a list of all used libraries, usually
it's one or two that cause problems...)

Good luck hunting

Remco