[Digikam-users] half size raw preview: not available for Canon CRW or CR2?

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Sun Oct 2 10:46:00 BST 2011

Op 02-10-11 08:13, Anders Stedtlund schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I would say that for me the settings doesn't make any difference
> actually. Not in album view, not in light table. That's odd.
>
> In album view the image is at 32% when fit to window. In light table
> it's at 19% when fit to window.What size should I expect from the embedded preview?
Hi Anders,

This is completely dependent of the resolution of your screen and the
way you set up your screen layout.
The way I checked was by estimating (measuring is better) the view
window against the whole screen. In my case it is about half screen
height which equals aproximately 600 pixels.
Setting photosize to 100 % I need 6 times click the slider downward, so
my picture height size equals 3600 pixels, wich is for me the assurance
I am looking at the raw picture and not at embedded preview.
If I look at embedded preview, I need only one click to cover the whole
image.

But the nasty thing is I could not reproduce what I did yesterday, today
it was only possible to view the real thing and not the embedded preview
even though it kept saying ¨embedded jpeg prview¨

But repeatedly doing for several times:
Settings->Configure Digikam->lighttable->¨load full sized image
DEchecked¨ and
Settings->Configure Digikam->album view->¨embedded preview loads
fullsized images¨ DEchecked

Settings->Configure Digikam->lighttable->¨load full sized image checked¨ and
Settings->Configure Digikam->album view->¨embedded preview loads
fullsized images¨ checked

brought it back.

I can view either Raw or embedded, but it keeps saying ¨embedded jpeg
prview¨ in either case.

I would appreciate if you try to do it with repeatedly changing settings
to see if you can change the results as I managed. We have clearly a
problem here, but it is still so randomly that I can not make a useful
bug report. We should at least know what we are looking at without
counting pixels.
Some other guy made already a report and did a withdrawel of it, because
his problem was cured. Maybe some others will do some investigations in
to this matter as well.
Best,
Rinus