[Digikam-users] Changing the Calendar View Date After Changing Exif Dates on Images

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:58:42 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I scanned a bunch of photos (~ 1000 or more), and they all wound up with a
default date of 1980.  Fair enough.  I have changed the exif data on one
set of these photos, but when I use the calendar view in Digikam (the left
side pane), as opposed to the folder view, the 'folder' year displays as
"1980" and the month as "January", when the photos were actually taken in
August, 1990.  I did try right-clicking on the Year 'folder' in calendar
view and even changing the folder properties in the folder view to reflect
August 1990.  Is it possible to update this side pane, or do I then have to
delete the photos and re-add them?

I was really wanting to change the exif data before importing the images
for this very reason, so I would have a "clean" import.  I do have reading
skills, so if there is already good documentation or an e-mail thread on
this issue, feel free to point me to it.  I have not yet seen anything that
quite touches this subject, but imagine I cannot be the only one who has
experienced this.

Thanks,
Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, LEED AP O+M, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate