[Digikam-users] Digikam memory usage

Alberto Ferrante alberto.ferrante at tiscali.it
Tue Nov 15 12:58:25 GMT 2011

Dear Gilles,

> What is that :
> KWidgetItemDelegate should not delete widgets created by createItemWidgets!
> digikam(4709) KWidgetItemDelegateEventListener::eventFilter: User of
>
> Sound like message generated by KDELibs. It's not reproducible here.
> Perhaps it's the problem. Which KDE version you use ? Can you copy and
> paste here the "Help/Components Info" dialog contents here ?

I don't know what is this, I will try to dig into this problem later.

KDE is the one shipped with Fedora 16 that is 4.7.3.
Here follow the component info (standard component from Fedora 16):
digiKam version 2.3.0
Exiv2 can write to Jp2: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Pgf: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Png: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Tiff: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
LibCImg: 130
LibClapack: internal library
LibExiv2: 0.21.1
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.7.3 (4.7.3)
LibKExiv2: 2.0.0
LibKGeoMap: 2.0.0
LibKdcraw: 2.0.0
LibLCMS: 119
LibPGF: 6.11.42 - internal library
LibPNG: 1.2.46
LibQt: 4.8.0
LibRaw: 0.13.5
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.9.5 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble Widget: 0.12.0 (stable release)
Parallelized demosaicing: Yes
Database backend: QMYSQL
Database internal server: No
LibGphoto2: 2.4.11
LibKface: 2.0.0
LibKipi: 1.2.0
LibOpenCV: 2.3.1
Libface: 0.2

> But it do not scan whole memory card with your 4600 JPG !

I was *not* importing from a memory card, but a folder from my
collection. What I see is that digikam scans the whole folder and then
it does some processing (I did not check the code, it is the behavior I
see). In that second phase it uses an enormous amount of memory.

> Look in digiKam setup dialog, there is an option in Camera configuration.
> open Behavior tab and look if The first option is selected or not (Use date
> from metadata to sort...)

It is *not* enabled (and anyway I was not importing from camera).
At the moment I am reading jpgs only (I disabled raw and tif files).

Best,
	Alberto

--
Home page: http://www.alari.ch/people/alberto