[Digikam-users] Metadata problem

David Vincent-Jones davidvincentjones at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:35:01 GMT 2011

I imported a png file into DK. The exif data was complete. The camera
date and time were correct also the image title and star rating was as
set by the exporting program.

I made a small exposure adjustment in DK and then saved as a new
version. The star rating and title still show but nothing appears in the
metadata display and the image file is now dated with the current not
the camera date.

I then made a further adjustment to the same file and simply saved the
changes to the current name. Now not only does no metadata show but even
the rating and title are missing.

I am noticing that trying to view images in a 'time-line' manner
fragments my collection severely. I am also deeply concerned with regard
to potential loss of tagging information.

I would appreciate comments from others on this.

David

Running DK 2.1.1 with KDE 4.7.0