[Digikam-users] [Digikam-devel] List moderation

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 20:21:34 GMT 2011

alexander pylyser <apylyser at gmail.com> writes:

> Good idea. I really think a forum would come in handy.

Forums are a nuisance in general and when following several lists in
particular, more often than not belonging to different spheres. I am yet
to see a "forum client" which acts and is configurable like a mail
client [1] where you control and choose how to filter, merge, rate
(score) messages, user configurable message (mail) editing,
etc. etc. With a mailing list, each user is more free to manage
information received and composed as it suits hers/his needs.

I am not unwilling to step up if necessary, but have too low presence
and time to be effective and hopefully there are more active list
members with time and interest.

Footnotes:
[1]  If anyone has the lowdown on a "forum reader", I'd be interested to
hear. I'd be even more interested if this includes the mention of Emacs
and/or Gnus... [2]
[2]  (info "(gnus)Top")

Cheers,
--