[Digikam-users] Some questions about digikam4.db

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Nov 9 08:47:13 GMT 2011

Am 09.11.2011 09:26, schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Hi Anders,
>
> yes, thumbnails storing is probably a side effect of this huge size. I
> remember a thread where Francesco and Marcel speak about a problem with
> dedicated thumbs DB.
>
> To resume : something have be done between 2.1 and 2.3 to store thumb in
> main DB instead dedicated one.

This is not good news. If ever possible separate thumbs from main data.
I don't want to backup all the thumbs but my configuration data. My
thumbnail DB has more than 400MB of data and there is no need to clutter
a backup with this data.

What is your strategy for backup if thumbs are in the main config DB?

Regards

Martin