[Digikam-users] Shortcut rating ctrl + #

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Tue Nov 8 10:26:46 GMT 2011

No, Easystroke is really easy to configure. My description seems
complicated because I use text and not screenshots...

In fact, to basically configure Easystroke :

-You set which mouse button is used to make gesture
-You add an action and give it a name
-You save which gesture is associated with your action by simply drawing
it (using the defined mouse button)
-You set what the action do : "Command" "keys"(what is used for digikam
shorcut), text, and other things I don't use actually.

The only thing is to found sufficiently differents gestures, for digikam
ratings, I choose to go up and down the number of time of which rating I
want (for rating 4 I draw a capital "M").

http://photonoxx.free.fr/forum/easystroke.png

After that, if you want to use the same gesture for different things with
different software, I can set some action only for a specific app (see the
top part of screenshot), you just have to "add an app" and click on its
windows to determine which.

You can do more complex things, but the base is easy.

After that, you just have to create tag shortcut in Digikam...

Le Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:44:16 +0100, sleepless <sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>
a écrit:

> As not only rating but also tagging has become a bothersome event, your
> tip on easystroke looks promising. However it looks to me not easy to
> configure, would it be possible to assign tags with this method? is
> there some simple explanation/example around?
> TIA
> Rinus
>
> Op 08-11-11 00:34, Photonoxx schreef:
>> Just a tip for people who wants :
>>
>> Using Easystroke mouse gestures is really great with Digikam. It adds
>> the possibility to tag pictures in full screen and with mouse only.
>>
>> Basically, I have gesture for :
>>
>> Previous pictures (Left gesture), Next pictures(right gesture), rating
>> 0 ("Z" shaped gesture), rating 1 (Up gesture), rating 2 (up and down
>> gesture), rating 3 (Up, down, up Gesture), rating 4 (Up, down, up down
>> gesture), rating 5 (Up, down, up down, up gesture).
>>
>> Easystroke app specific setting, and these gestures are only set for
>> Digikam.
>>
>> Gestures recognition is generally good, and with Digikam it works
>> really greats and it's easy and very natural to use...
>>

>> Le Mon, 10 Oct 2011 00:04:48 +0200, Benjamin Harders
>> <benjamin at harders.us> a écrit:

>>> Then I am going to use the mouse for the ratings as a workaround :)
>>>
>>> Ben

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr