[Digikam-users] Transition to digikam 2.2.0 ... problems
julien.t43 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:56:57 GMT 2011
I recently switched to digikam 2.2.0 / KDE 4.6.5 (2.1 before) on
Ubuntu 11.04 with ppa and encounters few bugs, most of them I'm
surprised as I waited a bit before upgrading.
* bug maximise / does nothing, need to adjust manually, problem seems
related to right panel / work ok if not expanded + ok in full screen
* expanding/collapsing right panel makes outer bounds change and be
out of screen
* recent tags list: not preserved between session (still)
* after initial scan + collection analysis, photo number still not ok
and I can't see any new pictures (really blocking ...)
try to reconstruct thumbnails in the album without results or stalls
for more than 30min eating CPU and IO
* also have the problem report by Thomas in "[Digikam-users] digikam
2.2.0 busy EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)"
more than 59750 EAGAIN count on a digikam strace session ...
Could I hope these problems are fixed in the recent/yesterday's 2.3.0
released ? It doesn't seem so as I quickly checked changelog.
Or else, what can I do to trace/fix those ?
I have a 56MB strace log file if someone wants ...
what scares me a bit is also:
$ grep "disk I/O error" digikam.strace.log | wc -l
most seems related to failed DB query but I will check to run a disk
test next even if SMART is ok (at least for internal disk, external WD
USB disk can't be tested sadly)
More information about the Digikam-users