[Digikam-users] Importing images from camera(olympus e-300) into digiKam(1.7.0) on win xp 32bit

alexander pylyser apylyser at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:31:06 GMT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to import .ORF(Raw file) & .JPEG's from my camera into
digiKam(Version 1.7.0 Using KDE Development Platform 4.4.4 (KDE 4.4.4)).
Apparently the windows version is not yet able to detect camera's
automatically so I tried to import the camera manually via Import >
Camera's > Add Camera Manually. I filled in a name for my camera(Olympus
E-300), selected to connect via USB and didn't touch the Camera Mount Path.
When I then try to import photo's by clicking on Import > Camera's >
Olympus E-300 it gives me this error message:"Failed to connect to the
camera. Please make sure it is connected properly and turned on. Would you
like to try again?" - The camera was connected and turned on - confirmed
via "storage" to ensure connection with the PC.

I have the latest Olympus firmware installed for both my lens:Zuiko Digital
14-45mm 1: 3,5 - 5,6 (version 1 I believe) and my camera body(version 1.5).

How can I import my images?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander Pylyser