[Digikam-users] speed up workflow

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 07:30:47 GMT 2011

2011/11/1 sleepless <sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>:

>>> It is good to now that you find it under ¨Hi google+ Here is my
>>> awetumn¨, in case you got into my page.
>>> Rinus
>>
>> Thank you - I did not notice the small unfold link, so silly I am...
>>
>> I never used gwenview compare mode for photos, I either use the lighttable
>> in
>> digikam, or simply browse through my images in full screen, setting flags
>> and
>> ratings. And everytime I use batch mode, I end up either a little bit
>> unhappy,
>> or converting/editing manually anyway... But it is very convenient indeed!
>> And
>> of course I would take much more time...
>
> Idealy you should have six variations in this way
>
> I add to the name
> _LC for local contrast
> _AL for auto level
> _AE for auto exposure
>
> and we need to have
>
> img.png
> img_AL.png
> img_AE.png
> img_LC.png
> img_LC_AL.png
> img_LC_AE.png
>
> after that we have to visually sort it out, that´s not a big prize taken the
> fact the the usabillity score is very high.
>
> I asked Gilles what he thinks about the implementation of doing all this on
> one selection.
> Picking the right one is so much quicker than manually editing. I am doing
> up to 1000 pictures per week.

The right question is how to do it in GUI.

- from Albumgui, there is no way to process filter as well with
preview. Only kipi-plugins interface can do it, but these filter
implementations are not shared with kipi-plugins (and we don't want do
it)

- from BQM, these filters are available for batch process. I think
it's the right way to study a solution. The big problem is preview. It
complicated to find right suitable solution, because to select right
color enhancement filters, we need to judge manually.

My proposal : create a "Magic" wrapper around these filters, which
will select automaticallly the right one, accordingly with image
content (typically to check histogram). Like this no need a gui to use
right filters, and it can be Batch Processed

This can be a subject for future GSoC students... If you like the
idea, please fil this suggestion on the right file from KDE bugzilla.