[Digikam-users] Lensfun -- most cameras and lenses missing

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 1 13:23:37 GMT 2011

On 11/01/2011 01:03 PM, Philip Johnsson wrote:
> It's more likely that you use a lens that's not in the exiv2 database.
> Can be that you got a new batch of the lens that have a new ID that
> exiv2 doesn't recognizes. Check which lens ID the exiv2 tool show you
> from command line. Is OpenSuse using the latest exiv2 0.22? It contains
> the latest lens database.

No, that's not the problem.  The camera and lens IDs from the EXIF data
are picked up correctly.

The problem is that digikam/lensfun is not reading all of the .xml files
in the /usr/share/apps/digikam/lensfun/ directory.  It reads
slr-samsung.xml and a few others, and it all works if I copy the data
for my camera and lens from slr-canon.xml to slr-samsung.xml.

cheers

Chris