[Digikam-users] help on RAW edit on windows 7

paolo avalle p.avalle at btinternet.com
Tue May 31 22:49:30 BST 2011

Dear All,

I need help in getting the RAW files editor working on digikam. I am very new to
the software which I installed on Windows 7.
whne I select Edit on a RAW file (Canon eos 5D MKII) the editor open up but
struggle to open the file. invariably I get the following message.

This application has requested the Runtime to stop in an unusual way
PLease contact the application's support team for more informations.
[OK]

Digikam has stopped working.
a problem caused the program to sopt working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
[close program]

After which the program exits.

Digikam looks like a great software and I would love to use it in full power, I
would gladly appreciate your help!!!
thanks very much!
Paolo