[Digikam-users] Re: Reread metadata for all images

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Mon May 30 08:21:05 BST 2011

Hi Bruno,
Yes, so in fact it does what it should be expected to do.

I think there is a reasonable sulution. I suppose you have a level
structured album. In my case I have thousends of albums under 6 top
level albums. If you select one of your topalbums, check in the ¨View¨
menu item ¨album subtree¨, select all images and go to menu item ¨Image¨
-> ¨Reread metadata from selected images¨, this way you will have to do
only your toplevel albums.
I did not try but I suppose you can even make temporary one top level
album to move all others in, do the trick and move your albums back to
where they belong.

The downside of this action can be this. If you have images from stock
or downloaded imaged, this action may result in many thousends of tags
in your tagtree, and there is no acceptable way to get rid of them.

If this solution is not ok to you, you might consider to make a wish
entry here.
> https://bugs.kde.org/component-report.cgi?product=digikam
Good luck,
Rinus